With turkey day tomorrow, I am all giddy with menu planning.
The holiday season has foodie written all over it! For those who love to cook, Thanksgiving day is heaven. This year my in-laws are here and are making a roast and crab. Though I am a little sad to not be having turkey for Thanksgiving, it is also fun to experience the traditions my husband grew up with. I will be making these Lemon Rosemary Brussels Sprouts, my Italian Sausage, Mushroom & Roasted Chestnut Stuffing, and a Cranberry Orange Cheesecake that you will see on the blog next week!
Nothing fancy to see here, kids! Nothing fancy at all.
When you are making a kitchen full of recipes, it’s always a great idea to have some super easy recipes to balance out the recipes that are a little more time consuming. These Lemon Rosemary Brussels Sprouts make for the perfect Thanksgiving side as they are easy, flavorful, and healthy to balance out all the pie you will be eating.
Brussels sprouts are my favorite winter greens. An 80g (about 1/3 cup) serving of sprouts contains four times more vitamin C than an orange, and a cup of cooked Brussels sprouts contains only about 60 calories.
I make Brussels sprouts on a nearly a weekly basis during the winter/fall. The recipe we have on weekly repeat is Roasted Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts, but for Thanksgiving I wanted a recipe for didn’t have honey or any other sweetener in it since I plan on getting plenty of that from pie and cheesecake.
- 3 pounds brussels sprouts
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 2 twigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and rosemary.
- Cut the ends off of the Brussels sprouts (you can also cut the brussels sprouts in half), and then toss Brussels sprouts with sauce.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once or twice, until deep golden brown, a little crispy on the outside and tender inside, 30 to 35 minutes.
- The leaves that are loose will be especially brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.